Rosyth (pronounced Ross-sythe) (Scottish Gaelic: Ros Saoithe) is a large village located on the Firth of Forth on Scotland's east coast, a mile (1.6 km) south of Dunfermline, Fife, and approximately 12 miles (19 km) north west of Edinburgh. It is the port for Scotland's only direct ferry service to the European mainland. The area is best known for its large dockyard, formerly the Royal Naval Dockyard Rosyth, construction of which began in 1909. The town was planned as a garden city with accommodation for the construction workers and dockyard workers. Today, the dockyard is almost 1,300 acres in size, a large proportion of which was reclaimed during construction. The associated naval base closed in 1994, and no Royal Navy ships are permanently based at Rosyth, though there are frequent visitors.
The pound sterling (GBP) is valid in both England and Scotland.